Pound Road, Hemingford Grey – Sometime between Thursday 18th and Sunday 28th August, there was a burglary at a detached house on Pound Road. The unknown offenders removed an entire double glazed unit from a front bay window to gain entry to the house, and once inside, searched through downstairs and upstairs rooms, leaving with stolen property including jewellery, computer equipment and cash.
Houghton Mill Lock – Just after 7:00 pm on Sunday 28th august, police received a report of a group of young people climbing on the sluice gate at Houghton Lock, jumping into the water and also apparently using aerosol cans as flame-throwers. A police patrol was diverted to the location, but no-one was found around the lock area and there was no sign of any damage.
Hartford Hill – Police were called to a road traffic incident on the A141 at Hartford Hill at 9:30 pm on Thursday 1st September, in which a cyclist was in collision with a car. An ambulance was already at the scene, and police needed to close the road between the BP garage and the Wyton roundabout whilst the incident was dealt with. The injured cyclist was taken to hospital with possibly serious head injuries. Recovery services cleared the damaged car from the road, but it was not reopened until after 3:00 am the next morning.
Apple Orchard, Hemingford Grey – Between midday on Saturday 3rd and 10:30 am on Sunday 4th September, there was a burglary at a detached house on Apple Orchard. The unknown offenders forced open a rear window to gain entry, then searched throughout the house before leaving. It is not yet known what items if any were stolen.
Apple Orchard, Hemingford Grey – A second burglary in Apple Orchard occurred just before 10:00 pm on Saturday 3rd September. In this incident, the elderly resident disturbed the offenders as they attempted to force open a kitchen window and they left without gaining entry to the property.
Incidents on A14:
There have been several incidents on the A14 during this period, none of which have involved injuries, but all of which required police assistance:
- 27th August, 1:30 pm – A14 Eastbound – a car was hit from behind and immobilised, causing tailback towards Huntingdon;
- 29th August, 4:30 pm – A14 Eastbound – two cars were involved in a collision, leaving occupants stranded on the Central Reservation;
- 30th August, 5:30 pm – two vans were in collision, one left on its roof in the ditch;
- 31st August, just after midnight – a car hit the barrier at the edge of the road, leaving its back end in the carriageway;
- 1st September, just before 1:00 am – a jeep and a lorry were in collision, leaving the jeep undriveable;
- 1st September, 7:30 pm – A14 Eastbound – a car broke down in the fast lane;
- 5th September, 7:30 pm – A14 Westbound – a lorry had a tyre blowout that left debris scattered across the carriageway.
To see details of Policing Summaries for neighbouring areas, please click on the following link and scroll down the page to select areas of interest:
As always, if you have information relating to any offence, or are concerned about any suspicious activities, please contact police by using the ‘101’ telephone number. Alternatively, you can use ‘Crimestoppers’ to make a report anonymously by calling 0800 555 111 or by using their on-line contact form. In an emergency, or if you witness a crime in progress, always use ‘999’.