Between Tuesday 26th at 23:00 and Wednesday 27th at 06:00 a padlock leading to a workshop in Dial Close, Little Paxton has been damaged. No entry was gained to the workshop or the property.
Should you have any information with regards to the incidents above please call 101, extension 8624. To provide information about crime anonymously to the police, please call Crimestoppers, an independent charity, on 0800 555 111.
Theft of Tools
Unfortunately, this area has seen a recent increase in thefts of tools from vehicles. This is a crime that could easily be prevented or reduced, so please take time to read and consider the following crime prevention measures when leaving your vehicle unattended:
- If you have a garage that can accommodate your vehicle, please use it!
- If you do not have access to a garage try and park it as near to your property as possible and/or in a well lit area.
- If your vehicle doesn’t have a factory alarm fitted, consider fitting an alarm but check with your Insurance Company first to determine what specifications they recommend?
- Where possible, try and remove all items from your vehicle when parked overnight. If this is not practical or possible, consider storing them inside lockable cabinets that can be secured to the side panels or floor of the vehicle. Alternatively and where possible, consider chaining tools and items together to make it harder for them to be moved and carried away.
- Consider ‘marking’ all tools and power tools with a property marking kit such as a DNA type Kit. Alternatively consider the use of more visible markings achieved by the use of Engraving/Etching Kits or similar.
- Register all items that carry a serial number on the national ‘Immobilise’ database. This free of charge facility is available by logging onto – www.immobilse.com
- Please remember that some insurance companies will not recompense you for items stolen from inside your vehicle, so check your insurance policy carefully to see what your cover includes.