Between Sunday 17th at 23:00 and Monday 18th at 05:00 a vehicle has been broken into in Beeson Close, Little Paxton. A window has been smashed and an Emergency Car Kit stolen from within.
On Monday 18th between 19:20 and 20:55 an attempt has been made to steal a vehicle in Sweeting Avenue, Little Paxton. The driver’s door lock was damaged and the vehicle was pushed partly in the road. It is believed that the offender/s may have been disturbed.
Should you have any information with regards to the incidents above please call 101, extension 8624. To provide information about crime anonymously to the police, please call Crimestoppers, an independent charity, on 0800 555 111.
Although there have not been any reported Burglaries in the area please see below some advice if you are going away over the Christmas period;
Leaving your home for long periods of time
When you go away, there are some extra precautions to take to prevent your home from looking empty, such as;
- asking a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your home
- think about subscribing to your local Neighbourhood Watch
- leaving radios or lights on, or on a timer, to make your home appear occupied
- avoiding posting holiday plans or movements on social media
- cancelling milk or newspaper deliveries before you go away to avoid a build-up.